DOT: Mechanical Engineer
DOT is a small start-up company, working on the development of offshore wind turbines with seawater-hydraulic power transmission. Recent successes have spurred the need for more skilled engineers (BSc & MSc). At DOT you will find a diverse group of young, enthusiastic full-timers, part-timers and (graduate & PhD) students.
- Design of mechanical and hydraulic machines and systems, including FEM analysis and FMEA.
- Overseeing procurement and construction of parts.
- Commissioning and testing of machines and systems.
- Experienced with 3D CAD modeling software such as Inventor or Solidworks
- Experienced in finite element analysis
- Knowledge of tribology and material science
- Knowledge of hydraulics
- Able to work independently; identify work/to-do’s and get it done
- Willing to learn; don’t expect many seniors explaining how to do it
- Problem solving attitude; you write the manuals on how it is done
- Strong awareness of HSE (health, safety, environment)
- Education level BSc or MSc
- Preferably 2 to 5 years work experience, though this is not a hard requirement
If you are interested and meet the requirements, please apply for an interview by sending an email with CV and short motivation to Niels@DOTpower.nl. NOTE: We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.