Why this training course is interest of you:
- Get acquainted with relevant technical aspects of offshore transport and installation of offshore wind turbines
- Learn about the effects of vessel capabilities, such as lifting capacity and transit speed on the installation process during our interactive cases
- Become familiar with the most commonly used installation strategies and their advantages/disadvantages
- Gain understanding of the safety by design principle
- Hear all about the future challenges for the transport and installation of offshore wind turbines
- Specially developed for designers and developers of offshore equipment and vessels for installation
- Perfect addition to a technical traineeship at a design/engineering company or marine contractor
In this one-day course the most important elements of the transport and installation of offshore wind turbines will be explained. This training courses provides an overview of the technical aspects of the offshore processes.
The offshore transport and installation processes form a significant part the development of an offshore wind farm. The workability offshore is not only highly dependent on weather windows, but also on other aspects such as marine wildlife. Increasing the workability offshore benefits the overall project both in time and money. Next to this the development of offshore wind turbines is rapidly growing and it is important that the development of vessels and equipment can keep up with the growing sizes, weights and way of installation.
During this training courses you will gain insight in the different components of the turbines, support structures and foundations and their main methods of installation. Different installation and transport strategies will be explained and important topics such as seafastening and heavy lifts will be dealt with. The training course has two interactive cases in which participants will set up an installation and transport strategy to gain insight in how to reduce cost and time. In the second case participants will design, build and test a model for seafastening for monopiles and transition pieces. Several lectures will be provided by experts of the industry, including a.o. Ulstein Design & Solutions.
The ‘Introduction to transport and installation offshore wind’ training course and its materials are written and given entirely in English. However, it will be possible to give the lectures in Dutch if all the participants are Dutch.
This training course is of interest for people who are new to offshore wind industry and, more specific, deal with equipment or vessels for transport and installation of offshore wind turbines. Professionals such as (junior) engineers, designers, developers and sales managers who are involved in the development, design, production or sales of such equipment or vessels will gain useful insight concerning the fast changing needs of their (potential) clients. This training course is particular of use for junior technical employees who have just started a traineeship at marine contractors or at design/engineering companies.
Also companies who are looking for new business opportunities for this specific market of the offshore wind industry will benefit from this training course since they will learn the most useful ins and outs relevant for their projects in just one day.
This training course will be given several times in 2021. The list below shows the dates and the corresponding format in which they are scheduled.
- 17 June full day hybrid session
- 10 December full day hybrid session
- Offshore wind turbines and support structures decomposed concerning function, size and weight
- Technical description of installation methods, equipment and vessels
- Logistic modelling case: learn about the impact of vessel and equipment capabilities/restrictions on the installation process
- Important aspects and considerations of seafastening (incl. hands-on case) and heavy lifts
- FMEA methodology to achieve safety by design
- Future challenges concerning transport and installation offshore
Contact your trainer directly
For more information, please contact Elena Stroo-Moredo at Elena@DOB-Academy.nl
or +31 6 42 24 98 52
Until further notice all training courses will be given in either online or hybrid format. Both hybrid and online training courses consist of live-streaming sessions with continuous interaction between the teachers and all participants. The difference between these formats is that during hybrid sessions a small number of participants can attend physically in our building in Delft, while others attend simultaneously via live-streaming. The content of the lectures and cases during a hybrid session is equal for both physical and online participants. All participants receive a DOB-box beforehand containing all materials required for both online and physical participation.
The maximum number of participants allowed at our training courses will depend on the Dutch COVID-19 regulations and may vary over time. Allotting the available physical seats will be done based on the‘first come first served’ principle.
If necessary, or if we deem fit, we can and will switch from hybrid to online format to safeguard the health of our clients and colleagues. This implies that also the physical participants will have to attend via the live-streaming session online. We do not advise to wait for a next session to attend physically, aswe cannot guarantee safe participation at our building months or even weeks ahead of time. DOB-Academy reserves the right to switch from a hybrid to an online format up to 24 hours before the start of the training course.
Registration closes a week before the training course in order to send all training materials on time.
Click here for information about how to get to DOB-Academy.
Why you should choose DOB-Academy:
- You will always be trained by experts with years of experience
- We offer everything from introductory to advanced offshore energy courses
- Expand your network as you learn
- 100 percent satisfaction guaranteed