In cooperation with Aratis, the DOB academy organizes this training.
Why this training course is of interest to you:
- Learn all the basics about the application of FIDIC contracts in the offshore wind industry
- Gain insight into the most important roles in FIDIC
- Learn how to use the FIDIC Yellow Book in practice
- Understand the most important clauses and the main processes in the FIDIC Yellow Book
- Specially developed for Contract Managers, Project Managers and professionals with a pratical/ or technical background
- Learn from the best; Senior Contract Managers from Aratis will be there to take you to the next level
The course content will be provided by Aratis, whose trainers are Senior Contract Managers with extensive international experience in (offshore wind) construction projects
Become familiar with the FIDIC General Conditions and understand how and when to use them to manage an offshore wind project successfully. You’ll learn that and so much more in just one day during the ‘Introduction to FIDIC in Offshore Wind’ training course.
This one-day FIDIC course provides you with an overview of the basics of FIDIC, in general, and the FIDIC Yellow Book edition 1999, in particular. The FIDIC Yellow Book contract is the most commonly used type of contract in the offshore wind market. It is applied for wind turbine supply agreements, as well as engineering, procurement and design and build (D&B) contracts for the balance of the plant. The course will focus on how to use the FIDIC Yellow Book in practice, mainly from a Contract Management / Project Management perspective and – to a lesser extent – a legal perspective. As a result, the course will address the practical implications of all 20 clauses for daily project life.
The ‘Introduction to FIDIC in Offshore Wind’ training course and its materials are written and given entirely in English. However, it will be possible to give the lectures in Dutch if all the participants are Dutch.
This course is developed for Contract Managers, Project Managers and professionals with a legal or technical background who are seeking a better understanding of FIDIC contracts in the offshore wind industry.
- An overview of the different roles and parties in FIDIC contracts (the Contractor, the Engineer and the Employer)
- A general description of the FIDIC structure
- The main roles and processes included in the FIDIC Yellow Book – all 20 clauses will be discussed
Lunchtime: enjoy our 100 percent organic delicious lunch
- The important contractual processes: Commencement, Payment and Variations
- During the day, your knowledge will be tested interactively by means of propositions and questions while making use of the FIDIC Yellow Book
At the end of the day, you will receive a certificate and the official FIDIC Yellow Book 1999 edition to use as a reference book for your day-to-day work.
Contact your trainer directly
For more information please contact Thijs Kamphuis at Thijs@DOB-Academy.nl
or +31 15 240 0555
Click here for information about how to get to DOB-Academy
How can we help you?
Need further advice about your development goals? We’re here for you! Please contact us.