Why this training course is of interest to you:
- Understand the effect of policy and societal needs on the development of offshore wind energy
- Develop a better understanding of electricity consumption in daily life
- Gain insight into the generation of electricity of an offshore turbine
- Learn more about developing an offshore power network
- Put the knowledge gained directly into practice during an interactive realistic case
- Expand your offshore wind knowledge in just half a day
This DOB-Online training course focuses on how electricity can be generated with the use of a wind turbine.
First, the need for electricity will be put into perspective, from a societal and political point of view. Then, a basic technical lecture will explain the fundamental principles of electricity and how it is generated. This will form the basis for the interactive case on power generation and a final in-depth lecture on offshore power networks for wind farms. The latter will also discuss several technical, and economical trade-offs to be made during the concept design of such networks.
In addition to the DOB-Online training course Introduction to Electricity and Power Generation, we offer three other DOB-Online training courses concerning other aspects of offshore wind, which are complementary to this training course: Wind Essentials, Introduction to Offshore Wind Support Structures and Basic Installation, O&M and Future Technologies.
Together, these four training courses are equivalent to the regular (physical) training course Introduction Offshore Wind, and will provide a complete overview of the entire offshore wind industry and its playing field.
In preparation for the DOB-Online training course you will receive a DOB-box at home (or your office). This DOB-box will contain useful documents and a surprise, all with the style and high quality of the DOB-Academy standard.
Registration closes a week before the training course in order to send all training materials on time.
The ‘Introduction to Electricity and Power Generation’ training course and its materials are written and given entirely in English. However, it will be possible to give the lectures in Dutch if all the participants are Dutch.
This training course has been developed for professionals working in the offshore wind industry for 0-3 years with a BSc diploma or a higher education. It is also very suitable for professionals with 5 years of relevant experience in similar industries. The ‘Introduction to Electricity and Power Generation’ training course enables junior technology specialists who work in a single competence field to obtain an overview of other (technical) disciplines of the offshore wind industry. Furthermore, generalists from a banking, insurance and environmental background who successfully complete this training course gain valuable insights into the technology behind offshore wind.
This training course will be given several times in 2021. The list below shows the dates and the corresponding format in which they are scheduled.
- 14 April online morning session
- 14 July online morning session
- Introduction to societal and political aspects involved in the development of offshore wind farms
- Technical knowledge behind the process of power generation in a wind turbine
- Practical case: Visualization of the generation of electricity in an offshore wind turbine
- Insights into the development and functioning of an offshore power network
About the trainers
Click here for more information about our expert trainers.
Our DOB-Online training courses willbe available via live streaming. DOB-Online Basic Installation, O&M and Future Technologies will be live from 8:45 till 12:45.
For more information please contact us at email@example.com
Why you should choose DOB-Academy:
- You will always be trained by experts with years of experience
- We offer everything from introductory to advanced offshore energy courses
- Expand your network as you learn
- Receive a DOB-box full with useful information and an educational surprise